Syncing within LAN requires internet access ?

skatebiker

post-32428-0-25819200-1377419859_thumb.ppost-32428-0-46387800-1377419877_thumb.ppost-32428-0-38039700-1377419884_thumb.pI have a Mac and an Android device, both with Torrentsync.

What I noticed first is that the user interface on Android is completely different, I don't know why: Android is just an OS with an accessible file system just like OSX, Linux or Windows.

Moreover on the Mac I cannot set the BTSync app in the dock, every time I have to click in the top menu bar.

I made a btsync folder on my Mac and send the read-only key to my Android device and used it to make a btsync on my Android. Both devices are in the same IP range on the same LAN.

So far so good. This did not work at all but later after restarting BTsync it worked.

On the Mac side on 'Advanced' I set lan_use_tcp to 'true' and left the rest as default. On the Android side there was no possibility to set these parameters (different user interface?).

For the folder being synced I set Preferences => Properties :

Use relay server: uncheck

Use tracker server: uncheck

Search LAN: check

Search DHT network: uncheck

I have no idea what to fill in in 'Predefined hosts' as there is no documentation about.

According to logs, including firewall logs I see that BTSync still uses tracker servers with IP address 54.225.100.8 and according to whois info this amazon.com which is a commercial cloud provider. So is my data being checked by them ?

My questions:

- Why is this internet access (and particularly amazon.com) needed for local transfer ?

- Why is a third party (amazon.com) needed when I use peer to peer over internet ? I thought it without a third party access.

And is there a web interface ?