Sync Freeze

emegra

Hi Guys

I'm new to this forum and new to bittorrentsync, I'm not a particularly computer literate person so please excuse me if the answer to my problem is obvious.

I installed bittorrentsync on 2 Windows PC's one running XP and the other Win7 , The XP machine is located at my business premises and the Win 7 is at home 

I want to be able to sync a quickbooks file between the 2 PC's, I set up the sync which seemed quite straightforward and the initial sync went perfectly, both PC's were in sync but today after making changes to the quickbooks file at work, I opened up the Win 7 PC at home to see if it synced ok but the download stuck at 8.7mb and the under the "Transfers Tab"  it stated no transfers were taking place even though the bittorrentsync icon was circling as if to suggest it was, I left it fully 45 minutes but it never moved from 8.7mb

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Graeme

Hi and welcome to the Forum and to Sync! :)

...is it possible that you didn't close the file and/or Quickbooks on your works machine?

Sync can't sync files that are currently open/locked/in use by other applications - this will likely be why your Transfers tab still shows that there is 8.7MB to transfer. Closing the file in Quickbooks and/or closing Quickbooks itself should then allow the file to transfer

Hi and thanks for the welcome

You're absolutely right I still had the file open on the work PC closing it restarted the sync.

The annoying thing is that I knew I had to close one before opening the other it was the same with Dropbox, must have had a mental block

Many thanks

Graeme