btsync read-only-folder stops syncing at midnight

Cittadino

Hi everyone!

I have a strange problem - I have two webservers (Win 2008 R2) and try to sync their webroots via btsync. Server A is the Master, Server B is the Slave, connected as a read only folder. When I set up the syncing, it runs ok at first, but left alone overnight, Server B stops staying in sync exactly at midnight. After 23:59, no changes on the Master are replicated anymore.

They are officially connected (according to the btsync GUI), Master keeps logging all the changes in his webroot, no error messages or anything - but Slave does not sync anymore and even a reboot would not make him start again. I actually have to completely remove the sync folders on both(!) machines and create them anew to make them start syncing again.

I find this quite strange (and annoying) .. :blink: Does anyone know something about this? Is this simply a bug? Or am I doing anything wrong? I'd appreciate any hint.  :)

Is one of your devices obtaining a new IP address each day at midnight? If a device's IP address changes when Sync is running, this may confuse a currently running instance of Sync.

If this is the case, you could either:

• Assign a fixed IP address to the offending device, or router (if possible)
  • As a workaround, setup a scheduled task to shutdown Sync at 23.59 and then execute it again at 00.01 each day

Hi!

Sorry, haven't seen your answer until now... but thanks for the feedback! :)

No, those are servers with fixed IP-Adresses... but the issue is of low priority in the moment anyway, since I have other issues on my testing systems right now - I think I'll open a new thread for them. Maybe I'll come back to this thing here later again. ;)

• 2 weeks later...