ARM version 1.2.67 keeps indexing

Hvmhvm

After I upgraded my NAS running BTsync 1.2.67 I noticed it kept indexing my two iOS picture backup shares. I found that the culprit was the use of a quote in all the file names (because both my iPhone and my iPad had a quote in their name, which is prepended to each image file). After changing the name in the BTsettings, I noticed that the number of files doubled, because BTsync apparently couldn't remove the files. After manually removing all the old files with a quote in them the indexing finally stopped!

Seems like BTsync has a problem with file names with single quotes in them...

Seems like BTsync has a problem with file names with single quotes in them...

This is not an issue with Sync, but rather a limitation of certain file system - for example, on Windows, you can't have files/folders with " symbols in them, but on other operating systems you can. Because Sync is cross-platform, it would be unable to sync a file with a " symbol in its name from say a Linus machine to a Windows machine.

For this reason, you should avoid syncing files containing characters that are not supported in names of files/folders on different operating systems.

BTW, Please also update to the latest version of Sync - 1.2.73