Sync Not Recommencing After Os Crash

sinmantky

I have a master (xubuntu 32bit, btsync@1.2.73) and slave (win 8.1 64bit, btsunc@1.2.73). The master usually send the data to the slave. Sometimes the slave crashes, and so I reboot. However, upon the reboot of the slave, BTSync does not sync anymore. It does recognize the device of the master, and there are !sync files in the slave, but nothing is transferred...

bug or my setting?

Probably caused by your Win8 device "crashing" mid transfer.

Try stopping Sync on both devices, removing any .!Sync files, and starting Sync again as it may resolve your issue.

If Sync won't even start on your Win8 device, a reinstall of Sync may be required as setting/config files may have been corrupted when your system crashed.

If your Win8 devices "keeps crashing", you'd be wise to investigate and resolve the root cause of this to prevent further damage to your programs/files

sinmantky: Could you please create dump file of sync process on win 8 and send it to syncapp@bittorrent.com? 

Please run Windows Task Manager, make right click on BitTorrent Sync process --> Create Dump File. Then attach created file to email and send us. 

Thanks!