Need To Have Same Directory On Two Pcs

qlex

Hey,

i think i might have done it incorrectly and therefore the result is different than expected.

as said in topic, I need to have same files on my work laptop and my home desktop.

What i did:

1. created a dir on work laptop and saved files in it

2. clicked "Add a sync folder", generated secret and set "folder to sync".

3. clicked "show folder preferences" and sent myself "full access key"

4. on home pc, i clicked "Add a sync folder", pasted in the key and set even the same folder directory.

nothing happend and i expected to see the files from my work laptop. i did the same with a couple of other folders where i usually store standard files (docx, excels, html pages etc). there's two exceptions, where i try to sync firefox and pidgin im profile files (to sync firefox bookmarks and pidgin message log) - in this case i try to remember to close pidgin, leave work laptop running (i remember somebody mentioning that btsync cannot sync a folder when its being used by pidgin which is running).

can any1 tell me if i did something wrong?

Regards,

qlex

This is exactly the same for my friend. I checked his computer and when I add a folder that is supposed to sync from 2 other locations, it just does nothing.  It doesn't even index the files for try to grab any from the 2 machines I have running.  It seems to have worked about a couple weeks ago and then suddenly stopped this week.  The log file indicates no failures of any sort.  Every line says it received everything from the remote peers and ip addresses and so forth.

• 2 weeks later...