Deleting File From Non-Autosync Device

Junge

Hi,

I have a lot of files shared by btsync between my machines and I also installed btsync on my android. I did activate the option not to automatically sync, Now sometime I want to look at a file and I download it manually. After watching it, I don't need it anymore on my phone so I'd like to delete it.

What happens then? will the file be deleted locally only because autosync is off? what happens if I ever turn autosync on?

How do I sync it in case I modified it?

Thanks and cheers

Junge

Hi Junge,

Android is a fully supported platform, which means - if you delete the file from Android device, and it has read-write key - your file is going to be deleted from other peers as well.

If you want to see whole directory, sync files on demand and remove them from android device once you no longer need them without affecting any other peers, I'd recommend you next settings:

1. Share read-only secret to your android

2. Disable auto-sync.

When you need a file - tap it to sync it. When you don't need it anymore - delete it, your file removal won't affect other peers as you have read-only key.

Unfortunately, "un-sync" option you are looking for is not available now immediately, so you have to use described workaround.