New User Here, Found A Slight Buglet

PhilipDaniels

Hello,

I just started using Bit Torrent Sync to try and sync after seeing a recommendation on the OwnCloud forums  :D

I am currently testing syncing between two machines. The first machine shows "4.0GB in 86390 files", and the second machine shows "4.0GB in 86361 files". I was concerned about the difference since I am syncing things like PortableApps and Cygwin, any missing files would probably stop things working. So I fired up WinDirStat to find where the difference was (WinDirStat's counts are accurate, I have verified them with Explorer).

It turns out all *my* files have synced ok and the difference is accounted for by incorrect counting. Here is the situation.

Machine 1

WinDirStat says 86,833 files of which 3 are in .SyncArchive

BTS GUI says 86390 files

Machine 2

WinDirStat says 86,843 files of which 13 are in .SyncArchive

BTS GUI says 86361 files

Luckily the syncing of my files is all correct! BTS version is 1.2.82.

There are a number of possibilities to explain discrepancies in the file counts you're seeing:

• Check the exclusion rules that are setup in your .SyncIgnore files (excluded files/folders won't be included in Sync's file count)
  • File counts in Sync won't include files in your .SyncArchive, (or any .SyncIgnore/.SyncTemp/.SyncPart/.SyncOld/.SyncID files)
  • Sync can't access files if they're currently open/locked/in use by other applications.