Android Sleep Detects Changes Made By Outside App?

With the version update, I'm going back to test the Android sleep function to see if it's now totally glitch free. I want to make sure about the expected functionality. While my phone's BTS is set to sleep and wake every 30 minutes, if I make a change to a file by opening it directly with some other app, will BTS Android detect and sync that change within 30 minutes? Or are we expected to open the file from within the BTS app's file browser?

I've only made one test so far: I opened a text file via a shortcut I have programmed into my phone, and then altered and saved the file. 45 minutes later, the changes still hadn't been synced to any other peer. When I opened the same file from within the BTS app and altered it, it synced immediately, but that's me manually waking up BTS rather than it waking itself within the 30-minute period to detect and sync the changes on its own, automatically. Before I do more tests, what's the expected behavior here?

Hi Jimmy,

When BTSync client is running on Android, it receives OS system notifications on file changes and is expected to sync them immediately (i.e. within 10-20 seconds). When BTSync "sleeps" it is not going to get any system notifications as the core is actually down and not working. It is going to rescan the sync folders once per 30 minutes and if any changes are found on Android (or any remote peers) - sync them. Once sync is complete and no traffic is flowing, it will sleep again for another 30 minutes.

Please let me know if your behavior is different from described.