Os X Notification Center - No Alerts When Sync Occurs

alanfluff

This post touched on this topic.

I do not have Growl or Hiss installed but Growl did get auto-installed by some app and so I had to later uninstall it. I installed Hiss at one time but have also uninstalled that in a bid to try and convince BTS to issue Notification Center alerts when a sync occurs, but not joy :(

I see NO BTS Notification Center alerts.

What can I do to fix this?

Latest vers of OS X and BTS.

Tks in advance for any pointers.

Thanks Romanz.

The setting in BTS is already ticked.

The Apple Sys Prefs page has not had the BTS client register itself (so I cannot click it's icon in Sys Prefs > Notifications to make any changes). It seems that's where the problem lies, BTS has not told Apple it is a supplier of notifications and please would Apple present them :/

@alanfluff,

I see. What about the rest of apps? Are you able to get notifications in general from other apps?

BTSync knows what Growl is and knows how to talk to it. My suggestion would be - there are some remnants of Growl are in the system, BTSync tries to talk to it while Growl actually does not deliver notifications. I suggest also taking a look to the article below, describing how to remove Growl completely.

http://growl.info/documentation/growl-package-removal.php

Hi RomanZ,

Yes, all other apps are using NC AOK (Alfred, CodeKit, Transmit, DropBox, etc).

I followed all the steps in the Growl removal already, followed as if I had had 1.3 and then also used the script as if I had 1.2 and also went into .Library to look for any files to do with Growl per their suggestions.

But those steps have not helped :/

Thanks for any other suggestions :)