Syncing A Being-Opened File

I have a log file (mylog.log) that is being opened by a program on client's computer..

I can open and see that the log file has already had a few lines of text inside..

However, when I check my server, where I synchronize my log file with, I can only see mylog.log.!sync with zero-sized empty file exist..

And when I close the program running on the client's computer, after a few seconds, the synchronization is complete and I can see my log file is finally synchronized, with a name : mylog.log

I am aware that maybe this is BitTorrentSync limitation..

But is there another way to synchronize my file regardless whether it's being opened (maybe like sync. it every minute) or not?

I am aware that maybe this is BitTorrentSync limitation..

But is there another way to synchronize my file regardless whether it's being opened (maybe like sync. it every minute) or not?

As you mention, Sync is unable to sync your files whilst they are open/locked/in use by other applications.

A potential "workaround" would be to setup a script/scheduled task that simply "copies" the open file to a different location (a location you'd add to your Sync) on a recurring interval. Because this "copy" wouldn't be open/locked/in use, Sync should then be able to re-sync it whenever it is updated by your script/scheduled task. Obviously, this assumes that your script/scheduled task is able to make a copy of the file whilst it's open/locked/in use.

I see.. Thank you for the confirmation, I will try your suggestion..

and I hope this can be a self-suggestion for BTSync as well..

actually BTSync just need to read the file..

even though it's being opened by other application, but there is no restriction to read,

that means there is no restriction to copy it, there is no restriction to sync it..

I hope this can be an input for the dev. team..

Thank you..

Edited by khosiawan