Optimize Upload To Multiple Instances

Hello.

I have let's say 4 instances : home, backup, work, granny

I do my modifications at home, the others are storage (granny and colleagues loves musics) or are relays with high bandwidth.

I just added one new 10GB file (actually a few music albums in flac). The upload of my home is 60 kB/s, the download of backup is avg 20 kB/s, wich is 60/3

I expected a download of 60 too.

Is there a way to prioritize backup from the home server point of view, so that this server will FIRST be synchronized BEFORE any other server will ? This way I could save a lot of bandwidth.

Another feature would be the sending of RANDOM chunks of data from a server to another. This way the chunks sent (4MB) are all differrent and can be exchanged by all the servers.

This last point assumes of course this is not the case, I think I am wrong, but still there are reason to send a sequence of chunks to all servers.

for this, I propose the following WEBUI modification :.

- one SERVERS page, listing all the known instances, regrouped by priority (default : 0, same priority)

on each instance : two arrows up/down to change priority by one , and a number to give it a priority (eg -1 for better priority, -10 for highest priority, 10 for lowest priority)

on each group : up/down arrow to change the priority value of the whole group

- for each synced folder, the same page but restricted to this folder:

so we only have the instances syncing this folder, regrouped by priority, with the option to give each server a specific priority or reset it to default

plus, we have a link to the main priorities page

Is there a way to prioritize backup from the home server point of view, so that this server will FIRST be synchronized BEFORE any other server will ? This way I could save a lot of bandwidth.

Not presently, a possible "work around" though would be to harshly limit the download rates of your other devices (apart from the home server) so that your home server (which isn't limited) should receive completed files before any other device.

Another feature would be the sending of RANDOM chunks of data from a server to another. This way the chunks sent (4MB) are all differrent and can be exchanged by all the servers.

This is already how Sync works

I propose the following WEBUI modification:.

Probably something more for the Feature Requests forum, rather than the General Discussion forum