Maybe Bug: Sync Cannot Start Behands Nat After Ip Changed

scegg

Hey all.

There is my scenario.

Client1 (Windows) -- ADSL Router -- Internet -- ADSL Router 2 -- Client2 (Linux)

Port mappings are set in 2 routers.

Client1 and Client2 are added as a predefined host to each other by using dyndns domain name.

Client2 in China which have been blocked to communicate with BTSync server by gov.

It works like a charm at first.

But if ADSL is redialed from one router, the strange thing appeared:

They can still see each other in client software. When a file is added to one, the Devices page shows right -- there is some data to be transferred. But the transferring will never start until one of these clients restarts.

I have to restart one of them manually to keep it running in that case. And after a restarting, it works again without any problem.

Any idea?

@scegg

It might happen to internal DNS cache of your DSL modems. Have you tried to flush the cache and force your dynamic DNS to be re-resolved after modem reconnection?

In that status, I tried to use nslookup on both side to resolve each other. the IP addresses are correct. and the clients are connected to each other, just cannot send data. If one file is deleted from one side, it will be deleted on another side successfully without any problem.

@scegg

Do you mean that file deletion goes fine while transfer of a new file does not happen unless you restart the client? Then issue is definitely not in DNS resolution. In this case we'll need debug logs for both your peers to see what happens. Please send them to syncapp@bittorrent.com, refer to this forum topic in message body.

@scegg

Do you mean that file deletion goes fine while transfer of a new file does not happen unless you restart the client? Then issue is definitely not in DNS resolution. In this case we'll need debug logs for both your peers to see what happens. Please send them to syncapp@bittorrent.com, refer to this forum topic in message body.

Yes, you get me well. I'll post the logs when happens next time.