Direct Lan Cable (Faster) Vs Wireless Network (Btsync Binds To)

edc

I have two laptops, both are connected on a wireless network and the wireless network provides Internet.

The two laptops are also connected with a CAT5 LAN Cable and the connection between them functions:

- I set both laptops up with the IPs 192.168.0.101 and the other one with 192.168.0.100. 

- Netmasks are fine.

- I did a ping test, they ping each other.

BtSync only syncs over the slower wireless connection (52Mbps), rather than the faster (1Gbps) LAN connection. If I disconnect the one PC from wireless, syncing stops.

I added known hosts, 192.168.0.100:256 and 192.168.0.101:256, for extra effect, I added both entries to both laptops in case.

I don't think it's using the Internet to sync, as I'm getting faster speeds on the wireless than Internet would provide.

How do I make it transfer via the LAN cable instead?

Thank you

If you connected both Laptops with a LAN cable, the LAN-interface on each of the system also requires an IP address.

So, what is the real IP address of the specific LAN-interface used by the cable?

If these are Windows systems open a cmd window and invoke the command "ipconfig /all" to get this information.