Different Syncignores Possible On 3 Directories?

Hi all syncexperts,

I'd like to do the following:

a)
Backup a complete Directory 'X' from Computer1 to Computer2.

B)
Take Directory 'X' from Computer2 to Computer3, but with only selected files from that Directory 'X'. 

In other words: 
backup *.* from Computer1 to Computer2 and copy only *.foo from Computer2 to Computer3.

Will it work with creating a default .SyncIgnore on Computer1 and a customized .SyncIgnore on Computer2+3 which are identical on Computer2+3?

Thank you,

Thank u RomanZ,

it seems to work, but I'm a little bit confused about a different .SyncID file on Computer3:

The both .SyncID files on Computer1+3 are binary identical (MD5 check), but Computer2 has different content in the .SyncID file.

Can I just ignore this, or maybe it is founded because Computer1 (which is the source of all files in Directory 'X') has Full Access Secret, and Computer2+3 have R/O Secret set?

Having the Folder Info Window open on those 3 Computers, I see that the Secrets are set up correct for my purpurses:

Computer1 Full Access

Computer2+3 Read Only

Thank u again, RomanZ!

Here's what I did and now everything seems to be good :-)

trying from scratch is sometimes better, than modify and modify and modify..., so

I Removed the Directory 'X'  from "My Sync" on all 3 Computers, so the .SyncID was deleted.

I deleted all the files within the left folders on Computer2+3. (to prevent dead files taking space and attention...)

I copied the .SyncIgnore file from Computer1 to Computer2, and a modified .SyncIgnore to Computer3, so that Computer3 only receives needed files.

Now I added a new folder under "My Sync" on Computer1, generated a new Secrec and copied the R/O Secret,

which I pasted to a newly added folder on Computer2 and Computer3.

Thats it. (pretty simple, if u did it about 15 times...)

The .SyncID files are now binary identical and the sync is working as expected.

Thanks again! :)

Another questions arised:

What happens to those files which are not covered in any .SyncIgnore on Computers1/2/3 and therefore should normally synced,

IF they are changed on Computer3?

Are they just ignored in the sync,

or

will they be overwritten on each and every sync?

I figured out, that IF I change a file on Computer1 and the File was never "touched" by me on Computer3, the file on Computer3 gets overwritten by the file from Computer1. (Which is what I expect to happen)

If I change a File on Computer3, I expect it also to be overwritten, but it seems, that this is never happening, because what I see here, is that on Computer3 are a lot of "old" files, while Computer1 has the never ones which should be synced to Computer3. (*even* if I changed the Files on Computer3)

So what is the btsync behaviour? What do I have to expect?

@BeTheSync

If you change files on Computer 3 (which as I remember has RO secret), the file becomes "invalidated" and will be no longer synced from Computer 2 or Computer 1 Computer 3

However, if you open the folder properties in Sync, there is a checkbox, which will force to discard any changes in RO folder and re-sync changed files form RW peer.

Edited by RomanZ
Fixed the typo.

However, if you open the folder properties in Sync, there is a checkbox, which will force to discard any changes in RO folder and re-sync changed files form RW peer.

Great News! (and important knowledge of the "invalidated" files, too)

I always wondered, what the option "[ ] Restore modified files to original verison" would/could do....

Thanks!

Next Question in this reference:

Is it correct, that all the files/folders, which are "restored" via the "[ ] Restore modified files to original verison"-Option, are NOT shown in the history-tab of btsync?

At least, they don't show up here on the Mac Version 1.3.106 (1.3.106)

(This is useful information, which I would expect in the History Tab to see.)

I named a folder like "################################testfolder" so I would defintely see it in the history, but it did not show up in the log, though the file was restored.

I now know that ONLY Files are shown in the History Tab. Folders are not shown.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by BeTheSync