Manually Decrypt Btsync Data?

Xendo

Hello,

yesterday my BTSync Server crashed, and i do not have any decrypted backups, however i have the secrets and the encrypted data. (I used the API to generate such a secret)

I have already tried setting up another encrypted server with the same secret and copy my encrypted data in there, but it does not seem to work....

Is there a way do manually decrypt the data? It is very valuable and important data. (Again, i have the secrets)

Thanks in advance!

@Xendo

In my Lab encrypted files were not picked up after re-adding folders. I'll consult development and we'll see how your files can be restored. Save your secrets into a safe place (actually you need only one starting with D, the rest can be calculated from it). If you lost your D or E secret - there will be no way to restore your data.

I'll get back to you on Monday.

@Xendo

The metadata on your encrypted server (i.e. the Sync's database) contains vital information necessary to restore files to other peers. If this data is still available (i.e. you did not uninstall Sync with removing all the data or did not remove the folder from Sync) - all you need to do is to add the RO or RW encrypted secret to another node.

If the metadata was deleted - there is no way to recover the data.