Android Files Location Limitations

zero credibility

Hi everyone ,

After having installed btsync on android and having problems getting my folders to sync , looking at the preferences I've found this as the settings :

>[{"type":0,"path":"\/storage\/emulated\/0\/Download\/ \/storage\/emulated\/legacy\/Android\/data\/org.xbmc.xbmc\/files\/.xbmc\/userdata\/addon_data\/plugin.video.genesis","secret":"AJDH738JHG766HGSJD766KSHDHFHS776","name":"\/storage\/emulated\/0\/Download\/ \/storage\/emulated\/legacy\/Android\/data\/org.xbmc.xbmc\/files\/.xbmc\/userdata\/addon_data\/plugin.video.genesis"}]</string>

The files I want to sync are deep within storage / emulated / 0 / Android,

but the app keeps wanting to point to storage / emulated / 0 / Downloads

Even tho I've entered the full path it's adding the Downloads path to the beginning of it.

Is this a the android operating system forcing the location ? Or is there a way to get btsync to be forced to look in the correct place.?

I've tried symlinking but it fails , I've also got root permissions so is there something I can do with that which might help ? . I've read about a way of installing btsync libraries and running the binary but was hoping there would be a better solution with changing the path.

Any help or insight on what's going here would be really appreciated ,

Many thanks.

Z