Resetting A Secret

atte

I have three clients that seems to have gotten a bit confused, at least they each state that one secret (143G) is unsynced, and leaving them on for a loooong time doesn't help.

What's the easiest way to the secret in question on all three nodes? Could it  for instance be done by deleting one of the .db* files in .btsync? How do I find the right one?

I'm on linux running btsync-gui version 0.8.5-1 installed from debian repos (not sure how to deduct the actual btsync version)

What's the easiest way to the secret in question on all three nodes? Could it  for instance be done by deleting one of the .db* files in .btsync? How do I find the right one?

The easiest way would be to remove the folder from Sync on your devices, and then re-add it back to your devices with a new key (secret) that's the same on each device.

By removing and re-adding a folder, it will trigger a re-index of the folder, which should resolve any indexing-related issues you might be facing.

Thanks!

This would leave unused .db* in .btsync, but I assume those would not be updated anymore, and so after a week it's pretty obvious which ones are in use...

What about the .sync dir in the root of the added folder, it's no problem when re-adding, that this (and maybe other) traces of a previous sync is present in the folder?