Trouble With Btsync Urls For Files.

MikeAW2010

On all of my browsers, whenever I click a link to sync a folder provided from the host device, my browser gives me two options, the first stating to install BTSync 1.4 if I haven't already, the second stating "I already have BTSync 1.4" and when I select it, nothing happens. When I run as an administrator then it will bring me to the Windows App store but doesnt give me an option to choose BitTorrent Sync. I managed to get Firefox to give me an option to choose what program to open the link with and when I navigated to C:\Program Files\BitTorrent Sync\BTSync.exe - Nothing happens... BTSync doesnt recieve the request and I cant sync anything from my phone because of it. Please help.

Another note, this is only happening on my Windows 8.1 Desktop. My Windows 7 laptop has no trouble parsing the links.

Edit: I have BT Sync 1.4 installed currently

Edited by MikeAW2010

I'm having the same issue on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  Whenever I open a link for the first time in chrome, I get the two buttons.  The second seemingly does nothing.  If I open another link, or the same link again without fully closing and reopening chrome, it says: "Just a moment while we start your request...

Please make sure Sync 1.4 is running to receive this folder."

Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 m

In firefox, loading the link almost immediately gets replaced with this: 

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (btsync) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context."

Firefox 31.0

In internet explorer, it immediately goes to this:

"This webpage cannot be displayed.  Most likely cause: Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed."

Internet explorer version: 11.0.9600.17280

I have tried restarting BTSync with admin priveleges as well as multiple restarts of each browser.  

Also I have the same problem.

If I receive an email with a download link, it appears me the following message: "Just a moment while we start your request...

Please make sure Sync 1.4 is running to receive this folder."
But for me this trouble occurs only if I use Google Chrome on windows 8.1.
I have tried to download the folder with Explorer and the link works well.
I tried also to change the compatibility mode in the properties menu of Google Chrome (I selected “run this program in compatibility mode for windows 7”), but the result is the same (it doesn't work).