[Solved] Webui On Windows 2012

stefanolmo

To confirm, you're seeing an "Invalid Request" error in your browser when you tray to navigate to http://127.0.0.1:8888/gui/ ?

Have you got any other service running/listening on port 8888? (the default port that Sync's WebUI listens on) If so, that may well be the reason for the "Invalid Request" message. Try shutting down the other service that's listening on port 8888 to see if you can then access Sync's WebUI. If you can, you'll need to configure Sync to listen on a different port to the default 8888.

This can be done by running Sync with a config file with a different listening port specified.

On Windows, you can use a very simple config file:

{

"storage_path" : "/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/BitTorrent Sync",

"webui" : {

"listen" : "127.0.0.0:8887"

}

}

Save the above as "myconfig.conf" (altering the storage_path and port values accordingly) to the same folder as your BTSync.exe file, and then run BTSync.exe with a "/config myconfig.conf" switch.

GreatMarko, I don't have any other services running on port 8888, but I tryed to change it in the config file the same without success.

The strange thing is that I can call the api on port 8888 and all works well! But when I try to connect to the webui...nothing...alway "Invalid Request"

On windows 2003 I have only the web gui, on windows 2012 I have only a desktop app, but I prefer the web gui....in this way, using the API Key, I can configure a folder from another computer without using the api, but only with the classic interface.

Edited by stefanolmo