Existing Folders Can't Sync

triplemaya

I have already backed up a crucial folder on another computer.

Now I want to sync them.

I have gone through the setup of btsync, and it just sulks!

I set up btsync on the host pc first. Then followed the instructions to set up on the second. no problem. When I identify the folder on the second computer, the app starts ok, and I get the little round circle. But after a minute or so it just shows the out of sync message, and does nothing. I have tried clicking everything I can find but there does not seem to be much to do.

Hi RoamanZ

Linux is the original, win 7 is the backup.

I set it all up on linux. Then went over to the w7 box and set it up there. It did not seem to want a key. It just asked me to idenify which folder on the system was to be synced with the one on linux, and it all seemed to be done.

Oddly, I did have one test file work ok. New file on the linux box, it appeared on the other box. I deleted it and the other followed suit. But after that it all just 'sulked', ie no activity when I tried out different things.

I installed a gui front end for the linux box hoping this would make things easier. That, however, simply gave me a whole new identity, so nothing was recognised. That amazed me even more than pissed me off! At that point the project got back-burnered.