Android Permissions Issue, Even In App Folder

syncfan

Why can't I sync to my external SD card?

If you're running Android 4.4 and you try to sync to an arbitrary location on your device's external SD card, you'll see an error that you "Don't Have Permission To Write To This Folder"

Sadly, Android 4.4 limits the access that applications can have to a device's external SD card. This is a restriction imposed by the operating system itself, rather than of Sync, and isn't present in earlier versions of Android.

If you wish to Sync to your Android 4.4 device's external memory card, it can be done - however, your data must be placed on your external SD card in "/Android/data/com.bittorrent.sync" (you may need to first create this folder), as this is the only location on your SD card that Sync has access to.

Ok, so I know all this, but I'm still getting a permissions error and I'm syncing to the correct folder: /Android/data/com.bittorrent.sync/files

It worked for a while, then I rebooted my phone and it quit working. I'm on a LG Volt, not rooted, Android KitKat.

is there a space limit imposed on each app's folder? I tried adding like 8gbs in the folder, and its an otherwise empty 32gb sd card.