[Solved] Where Can I Find The Secret To Use In The Config File?

fatso83

I know I can share folders using the GUI by creating a sharing link and send it to another client. Opening this link in the other client will add the folder. This works fine.

But I have problems when trying to add a folder in Linux when not using the web ui. In the config file (i.e. my-shares.conf), each shared folder in the shared_folders section requires a field called secret. Where can I find this value? Is it one of the five parameters (sz, s, i, p, e) in the sharing link that is generated in the GUI clients?

Can I get it from the .sync directory containing the settings? I tried adding the 32 character value I found there, but just got an error saying it was an illegal value, and it does not resemble the 21 character value found in the user.conf sample config I found ("bGTbrwreXPW4XxHEmTKnX").

--

SOLUTION: Press the triple vertical dots on the share, then Preferences in the dialog that comes up, then press "View key" at the bottom of the preferences window.