Sync On Server2012 Constantly Not Responding

GertW

My bittorrent 1.4.103 installation on my windows server isn't running as I hope for the last month, infact it isn't running at all.

I have 6 different Folders syncing to the server from 2 machines ( 3 each of their own ), one is a windows 7 PC set to search lan only for syncing and the other is a Mac with tracker and relay server enabled for syncing.

When I open my client on my server, the application runs smoothly for about 2minutes when everything just freezes. It does not show not responding only after about 5minutes or when you click on the window.

I then end task and try again for almost a month now but it is not going away. I did fresh installs on all pc's and create new empty folder all with new passwords but nothing that I tried seems to be working.

Very very frustrated as I'm relying on sync to do very important backups to our safe.

Please Help

Kind Regards

Gert Watson

Edited by GertW

Have you tried running BTSync.exe with the "/webui" command line switch?

This will open Sync's interface in your default browser, rather than in its own window - and so could be used to determine whether it was just the windowed interface that was "not responding", or the Sync engine itself.

Also, you mention you're syncing 6 folders - what is the combined size/number of files across these 6 folders? Usually sluggish performance/temporary "hangs" of the UI have been due to Sync loading/indexing a massive amount/size of files at startup.