Anything Special About The "master" Folder?

norbert78

Dear Forum,
I just have a short question: Is there any real difference between the master folder of a btsync share (i.e. the folder that was originally used to create the share) and a read/write version of the share on another computer?
The background of my question: My master folder of a share seems to be corrupt. The easiest way to solve this for me would be to delete the folder and add the folder using the read/write key again. There are plenty of copies of the files in the network.

I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything that is special about the master....
Thanks
Norbert

In 1.4.x there's nothing special about the peer that originally created the share vs other peers with read/write access, but there could still be differences between folder contents among read/write peers. Here are some things that come to mind:

• If you have entries in the IgnoreList that prevent some items from being synced, there could be files on the original peer that never made it to other peers, and vice versa.
  • Ownership and permissions are not synced.
  • Not all extended attributes are synced by default.