Can't Complete Sync 2.0 Setup On Kindle Fire Hd

Cerebus

I downloaded Sync 2.0 to my Kindle Fire HD last night, and it won't let me click the "Link a device already running Sync 2.0" button so I can complete the setup, and add get it working with the Sync 2.0 client on my OSX Mac, where the files I want to share reside.

I can click the "This is my first Sync 2.0 device" button, but I don't want to continue with that setup. The "Llnk a device" button just does nothing when I click it. I've tried deleting the Sync 2.0 app from my Kindle, and restarting the device, but nothing works. I also tried emailing a "Share" link to my Kindle from the Sync 2.0 client on my Mac, but clicking the link on my Kindle leads me back to the inoperable, blue "Link a device" button.

I have successfully set up the Sync 2.0 app on my iPhone via the "Link a device" button on that app, so it is a problem with the Kindle app itself, and not my network, or other systems.

Help!

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having trouble linking back up from my Win8.1 laptop to my Kindle Fire standard (not HD).  

FYI I had the the earlier version working fine with no issues,   as soon as I upgraded to 2.0 a few weeks ago it hosed my setup and I have not been able to get it running again.

What I have done:

- Upgraded to 2.0 on both my desktop and Kindle

- Created a folder  - 'sync' - inside of My Documents on the laptop.  This folder shows up in the Sync interface,  Status = "No peers"

- I right click on the entry for the 'sync' folder in the list,  click 'Share'

- I choose 'Copy' in the dialogue that pops up,  because I use web mail

- Move to webmail -- paste the 'https:' link in the mail - mail it to my own address

- Move to Kindle,  open up the email,  try to click on it --- nothing happens -- the link is not clickable

- Then copy the link manually -- open up 'Sync' on Kindle -- click on the '+' icon

- In the Add Folder dialogue that pops up,  I paste the string,  choose a local folder and click 'Add a folder'

Result?   "Invalid secret"

I edit the key down -- taking off the 'https' and what look like extraneous characters from the beginning.   Same result.  "Invalid secret".  

I tried another way - from the laptop:

- Click on the gear icon on the upper right corner of the interface

- Choose My Devices

- In the dialogue,  my devicename and 'this device' appear - no others at this point

- I click 'Link Device' on the bottom

- In the dialogue,  I copy the key that comes up

- Again:  mail it to my Kindle,  copy / paste on the Kindle into the 'Add Folder' dialogue ...

"Invalid secret"

I then tried to do it the other way --- looked for a way to generate a key on the Kindle to bring it back to the laptop.    I could not find any way to do that (??)  even though there is a place to "Enter a key ..." on the laptop interface.

Either this is very confusing and difficult, or it is just me.  Am I doing something wrong?   Please help if you can,  thanks

Edited by vongoh

• 1 month later...

Im having the same issue on ios. I have Sync 2.0 running on my Windows 7 desktop at work.

When I click the blue Link a device button on my iphone it scans the code on the PC and then goes back to the opening screen with the button again without doing anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

@all,

it looks like you are trying to link the mobile's identity to desktop's folder. This cannot be done. Identity shall the linked to identity, folder - to folder. 

What I have done:

- Upgraded to 2.0 on both my desktop and Kindle

- Created a folder  - 'sync' - inside of My Documents on the laptop.  This folder shows up in the Sync interface,  Status = "No peers"

- I right click on the entry for the 'sync' folder in the list,  click 'Share'

- I choose 'Copy' in the dialogue that pops up,  because I use web mail

- Move to webmail -- paste the 'https:' link in the mail - mail it to my own address

- Move to Kindle,  open up the email,  try to click on it --- nothing happens -- the link is not clickable

- Then copy the link manually -- open up 'Sync' on Kindle -- click on the '+' icon

- In the Add Folder dialogue that pops up,  I paste the string,  choose a local folder and click 'Add a folder'

Result?   "Invalid secret"

Here you paste the link to the "key" field. Sync expects Key there, not link. 

I tried another way - from the laptop:

- Click on the gear icon  > Choose My Devices

- I click 'Link Device' on the bottom

- In the dialogue,  I copy the key that comes up

- Again:  mail it to my Kindle,  copy / paste on the Kindle into the 'Add Folder' dialogue ...

"Invalid secret"

Here you try to use the key to laptops *identity* when adding the *folder* on the mobile.

Please, see this article about it all. 

You need to link two identities, or two folders, not mix them up.

Pro users are welcomed to support tickets to get Pro support. Forum is community's help.