Removing A Sync'd Folder From The Mobile App Removes It From All Devices?

Hi there,

Cautiously dipping my toes in the water here. I set everything up with 2.0 and the single account last night.

I scanned the barcode w/ my iPhone app, and all of my folders showed up. I only want a couple of them on my iPhone. When I go to remove, it tells me that the folder will be removed from ALL of my devices. That's definitely not what I want.

Similarly, it appears that if I add a sync folder on one machine, it automatically creates that same sync folder on another machine - any way to keep this from happening? I'd like it to prompt me whether or not that folder should be added / created. 

Thanks.

post-43815-0-83642300-1425498297_thumb.j

@hungarianhc

This is "My folders" feature - it automatically propagates / removes folders. Actually, all new folders can be added in "Disconnected" mode by default. I.e. They are present in the list, but actually not synced - you need to tap it first to actually connect.

So you can keep your folder in "Disconnected" state on mobile.

Alternatively, you can create a new identity on mobile. In this case it won't get any folders automatically and you'll need to scan QR every time you want to connect folder.

There should be an option to hide folders. This "feature" is annoying. I have 8 or 9 sync'd folders, but I only want to show a few on my phone, but I still want that phone to be part of my identity. Maybe just in the options a check box for "show disconnected folders"

And of course, my number one feature request for the iOS client is to actually support the iOS8 extensions that would make the app useful!!!

There should be an option to hide folders. This "feature" is annoying. I have 8 or 9 sync'd folders, but I only want to show a few on my phone, but I still want that phone to be part of my identity. Maybe just in the options a check box for "show disconnected folders"

And of course, my number one feature request for the iOS client is to actually support the iOS8 extensions that would make the app useful!!!

And re: those extensions, charge me for them! Happy to pay for them with an in-app purchase!