What Is The Big Deal With All The New Features?

rnt

I liked the old BT sync - the one with keys, not links, where I wasn't asked for an "identity" or told that I was reminded of a "better-but-paid" version every time I launched the app

Why have the links been favored over keys? is there any way to even get back the keys?

Wasn't the whole point of BT sync minimal server interactions? (only for discovering peers?) if that's the case, why are there even links? (or if im misunderstanding the architecture, please fill me in)

What and how do "identities" work? where are they sent, who are they shared with, and why are they even necessary?

If you use the search feature you can easily find how to roll back to 1.4. 

You can still use keys via manual config if you dont link your computers.  (Edit:I dont think they are actually called "keys" but its still traditional share a code type of behavior.)

Its way easier this way though, add on main computer, now the folder will either be syncing to your default folder, or waiting for you to click connect when you open the program.