Read Permission To A Folder You Own

cdaou

hello everyone,

I am a little bit confused.

I used v1.x for a little while and I cannot seem to wrap my mind on how v2.x is working.

(to avoid hearing any comments saying you must have a pro license to enjoy all the features let me start by saying I have one)

so in the previous version there was no "owner", nor link between the different devices.

now I am facing an issue.

I have a few devices (windows and synology), and I used to share some folders with read/write, but other with read only permission. this allowed me to have a repository from which all my devices were getting files but nothing could happen "by mistake" without direct access to the "source" files...

now I do not seem to be able to replicated this.

all the folders that I am adding to one device gets displayed directly on the other devices (disconnected). if I connect them they always get full ownership.. I tried adding them using the share folder, hoping to bypass the connect option, but it looks like btsync realises that the folder is my own and connects it with full ownership...

anyone can enlighten me ?

will I have to disconnect my devices from each other and add them using the share folder option or is there an option I missed.

I hope I am clear.

thanks for any help,

C.

will I have to disconnect my devices from each other and add them using the share folder option.

Basically - yes!

You sadly can't change ownership/permissions of folders shared via "My Devices". Removing your devices for "My Devices" and sharing links the old fashioned way is presently the only solution

Basically - yes!

You sadly can't change ownership/permissions of folders shared via "My Devices". Removing your devices for "My Devices" and sharing links the old fashioned way is presently the only solution

GreatMarko,

thank you for the very quick response.

although I have to admit I don't like the idea I understand that I have to go for this way now.

I will see how I can split my folder sharing for the time being ;)

to be honest I don't really mind yet as the secondary device which needs read only access does not (yet) need more than 10 shares. but I sure hope this will be solved by the time so I can re-link it to my pro account.

do you know if the feature is planned ? or should I head to the appropriate forum to request it ?

cheers,

C