Sync 2.0 Not Working With Sync 1.4 Folder Or On Windows Xp

Ghostnyc

(I originally submitted this as a ticket to Sync Team, however its been 16 days and no responses, so Im reaching out to the forums to see if anyone has any ideas, feedback.  Thank you in advance.)

Im currently running SYNC 1.4 on my desktop client running Windows XP and SYNC 2.0 on android mobile device.

My mobile client recognizes that I have a SYNC 1.4 folder however it does not recognize my desktop as a peer, My desktop does not recognize my mobile device as a peer.

I have attempted to download SYNC 2.0 for desktop client (32 bit version) however Windows XP does not recognize that file as a 32 bit application.

Can SYNC 2.0 be made Windows XP compatible? or can I downgrade my mobile back to 1.4 to get my folders syncing again?

It is worth noting that before 2.0 upgrade I was successfully  (flawlessly) syncing across 4 devices (Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone), Im just trying to get back to full functionality.

I appreciate any feedback, looking forward to using this great application again.

Thank you

Can SYNC 2.0 be made Windows XP compatible?

Sadly not! Support for XP/Vista/2k3 etc all appear to have been dropped for Sync 2.0 (but do consider adding your voice to this thread though). However, Sync 1.4.111 will still run on XP and is compatible (to a point) with Sync 2.0

...or can I downgrade my mobile back to 1.4 to get my folders syncing again?

Depends on what OS your mobile is running? If it's Android, then you can simply download the previous 1.4.x apk and just ensure that you don't update it via the Google Play Store.