Deleted Files Come Back

Mrath

I have Sync 2.0 set up on Raspberry Pi, transferring files to Linux Mint also running 2.0.

When I delete files from Mint directory, the files are not moved to Archive directory on the RPi, and are transferred again to Mint. I guess the workaround is to delete them on both locations at the same time.

How can I fix this so it works properly? Worked fine with the same setup in Sync 1.x.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem and can not delete files/folders as well. 

As soon as I delete the folder containing the files I want to get rid of, the folder bounces into the Archive folder as expected.  Then moments later, the folder has found it's way back in it's original location and has been removed from the Archive.

Trying to "double delete" the folder from both the original sync'd folder as well as the Archive folder is impossible as they keep bouncing back and forth so quickly.

Renaming the folder has not helped either -- now I have two folder I'm trying to remove one is empty and the other one has the files in it.  Neither of them are allowing me to remove them.

• 9 months later...

We are also seeing this problem.  I have multiple folders that i've deleted multiple times, but they keep coming back!  We have about a dozen machines syncing, a mix of PC's, Macs and one Linux box.  They have versions are on the latest 2.3.3  About half are usually online, but some are offline for long periods of time.   The share is rather large, about  27 GB.

I can supply debug logs if it will help.

I've been noticing this problem off and on for over a year.  IMO, this is a critical issue and one that needs MUCH more attention.

Had the same problem for a LONG time and the reason is simple: permissions! You delete a folder on one machine, but the other cannot delete it because the folder has insufficient permissions (on that machine). So the first machine thinks "the folder is back" and copies it back. I change the permissions on all 3 machines to allow everybody read and write and the problem was gone. I wonder why BTS does not warn about this.