Btsync Reinstalling Itself

Muther

This has happened on two of my systems (Win7) now. Its infuriating. I updated to 2.0 two weeks ago. I'm bearing with you as best I can, but this is too much.

I see that the taskbar icon is not spinning when I know it should be. I double click it. I am propmted to install Btsync as a Link or as my first machine. I seem to have no choice. I do. All my shares are gone.

It was not a big deal on the first machine yesterday, as it was local shares only. I took it for a fluke. Made new shares. Got back to work. But just now, it happened on my main machine that had eight shares established with not-very-tech family members. You must know how annoying this is.

What is this? What it happening?

On the upside, I have 30 days left again!  /sarcasm.

I literally loved this program. I was the kind of fan who got all my friends into it and recommended it in online forums. Now I'm going to have to make excuses for you and look like an ass. I am disappointed.

Edit - In proofreading this post, there is one thing both machines have in common. I ran sfc /scannow prior to this BTS event. I do not know how/why that would be connected unless BTS was among the files SFC repaired as corrupted.

Edit2 - This time is different. I went to recreated my shares and it says my folder is shared in another instance of BTSync. I do not know how to get to that other instance or how to remove this new one that decided needed to be installed. I only have one in my Program Files (x86).

Edit3 - I have 2 SyncUser folders in %appdata%. One folder seems like the likely new as it has less items in the subfolders. I'm gonna exit BTSync and delete it.

Edit4 - Restarted BTSync. New Syncuser folder reappeared.How do I go back to the other Syncuser?

Edit5 - So, I closed BTS and copy/paste the contents of one old SyncUser folder into the new one. I restarted BTS and after a confirmation to link to my alternative ID, it replaced half my folders. All the 1.4 folders. But its a clusterf*ck. BTS now sees Muther and another ID identified by IP address. I think I'm just gonna nuke the whole mess and start from scratch. Considering going back to 1.4....   God, I hate talking to the relatives.