Is There Encrypted Sync Or Over Ssh?

Sefer

Hi,

is there a way to sync files encrypted or over an secured connection? I am using btsync 2.0 between devices and 1.4 on my server at the moment.

Even if I sync only with known hosts and/or over my server, someone could sniff things, couldn't he?

best regards

I was under the impression that version 2.0 and beyond encrypts during transit by default. (this could have been in versions early, but I'm not familiar with those versions. I tried BT Sync pre 1.* and stopped using it after there were problem with syncing.) If you look under the advance options you can see a key word for this. 

If you wanted to make extra sure you could force traffic to only transfer through an established ssh connection with an established tunnel you make. (Via Putty or through your shell) Then you just set all BT Sync traffic to use that port via settings. 

I think that would be overkill as I think the client is already encrypting transmissions. 

2d