Folder Contents Have Stopped Syncing

bigonroad

I have two PCs, both with Windows 8.1 on them. I've used Sync to sync all my documents, music and photo partitions. Seems to have done it smoothly and error free.

Now however, when I add a new subfolder to the photos folder, and fill it with photos, the new subfolder appears on the other computer, but the photos are not transferred.

When I click the history tab in the Sync client, it shows all the photo files have been added on the first computer, but they don't download on the second PC. 

Have tried restarting pc and reindexing folder. Nada.

Hi cipherplain, thanks for the reply. Sent it in an email, but that bounced, so posting here:

Hi there,

I have two PCs, both with Windows 8.1 on them. I've used Sync to sync all my documents, music and photo partitions. Seems to have done it smoothly and error free.

Now however, when I add a new subfolder to the photos folder, and fill it with photos, the new subfolder appears on the other computer, but the photos are not transferred.

When I click the history tab in the Sync client, it shows all the photo files have been added on the first computer, but they don't download on the second PC. 

Have tried restarting pc and reindexing folder. Nada.

Have just recreated issue:

1. Renamed folder F://Years/2015/Free Version 3 PC July 2015 on Peer 1 (Godsped)
  2. Files in folder all called PCphotos (x).JPG
  3. One extra file called "boomtest.txt" as a test.
  4. The text file appeared on the peer 2 (Free), none of the images did
  5. When I added the word "monkey" to the text file on the peer 2, that change was copied back over to peer 1, but still the photos weren't copied onto peer 2.

The logs are too large - 100mb?! to copy. I've uploaded to drive instead:

Peer 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ht-t2m8o8eenJOc3hjVHA3ZEU/view?usp=sharing
Peer 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7n9545HbOWVMzNNVF9TdDJNYTQ/view?usp=sharing

Any thoughts? I see lots of trying to sync recycle bin files. How do I turn that off? Those don't need to sync between PCs.

Chris

bigonroad, thank you for sending us logs.

Yes, Sync tries to synchronize trash files. But as I see you synchronize whole partitions. Because you didn't exclude system folders, Sync tries to synchronize all files there. System Volume Information cannot be opened on Windows, so Sync skips it. But some your files have been put into the queue and because of that synchronization stuck. Sync won't transfer new files until the queue is exceed.

So you can try to ignore system folders and see, if that help you. To do that open .sync/IngoreList file and add those strings:

• System Volume Information
  • $RECYCLE.BIN

Maybe you will find another system folder you don't want to synchronize (windows, program files or something like this). You need to edit IgnoreList file for all entries in the sync, i.e. on all partitions. It is located on the root of partition in your case.

Also on the first peer I see, that probably Synchronization paused. You can check if it is related with your case.