Individual Pro Licenses Lose Priority Support?

Boatguy

The feature comparison chart now shows that individual pro users DO NOT receive priority support.  What's with that?  Did they just get us to identify ourselves as individual users so they could lower our support level?

Only when you explicitly change your license to a perpetual license.

When you think of it, it makes sense: support staff costs money, and it is hard to give priority support for a one-time ~40 dollar fee, given the salary level of tech employees ;). So if you need priority support as opposed to normal support, the yearly fee is quite a bargain.

For me the FAQ that you linked says:

Q: I’m a current Pro customer and I use Sync for personal use. I noticed that “Priority Support” is no longer offered for personal/individual licenses. Do I still get support?

A: Only customers who have a Pro subscription license will receive Priority Support.

The fragment that you quote isn't even there?

@iswrong - in this instance, "I is wrong"(!) - and my apologies for the confusion - My quote was from yesterday's incarnation of that particular article, which has since been updated with new wording.

To clarify the current position; Only customers who have a Pro subscription license will receive Priority Support.

Therefore, if you were using Sync 2.0 or 2.1 PRO and you don't migrate your license over to "one-time" Personal Pro pricing, you'll remain as you were on annual subscription pricing and still have access to Priority Support.