Upgrade To Sync 2.0 Requires Resync Of Files?

Shark88

Hi all,

I just tried to upgrade from 1.4 to 2.X. I have a folder of several TB synced between two devices. I upgraded on one host and installed the new 2.0.93 on a Synology host. I had to delete the .sync folder at the Synology host, in order to add the previously synced folder to the new btsync version. 

After sharing the link information, the sync started. During the index process the Synology host starts to send data with 200kbit/s, which is the maximum upload. I assume it somehow tries to resync the data. Since it is several TBs, it will take forever. Is there any chance of having a new 2.X version setup with this folder, without the need of resyncing any data?

Thanks!

Shark88, when you add a folder and choose non-empty location Sync will suggest another folder name or folder path to avoid conflicts. You need to correct it. In the attachments you can see what you need to do.

And you don't need to delete ".sync" folder.

After you add a folder Sync will index files and transfer only changed files. So probably in your case something could have changed. But if you not sure, you can send us logs for analysis from both peers and we can tell you if Sync transfers your files or not.

You can do that according to this instruction.

post-48544-0-96258900-1442306148_thumb.p

post-48544-0-62513900-1442306158_thumb.p

Thanks, I already changed the path to the folder which already includes the data. The folder was previously synced with btsync 1.4. I just waited until the index process was finished at one client. After starting btsync on the other host, it shows several month to be synced. 

I have a host running on Freenas as plugin and one host on a Synology DiskStation. Is there a documentation about where I can find the debug logs on these devices? 

Btw: Could it be an issue that the path on both machines is not identical? Since after copying the sharing link to the second host, it suggests a path similar to where the media is located at the other host. 

Thanks! 

Shark88, here is an article about collecting logs from NASes. We don't have article for FreeNAS, but you can use this command to find storage folder:

find / -name settings.dat.old |grep settings.dat.old

It is not the issue about different path. Sync suggests default folder location. Probably you have not changed it so Sync suggest you just default value. You can change it if you open Sync Settings and change "Default folder location" parameter.

Thanks for your guidance. I managed to locate the log files. I started the sync for a couple of minutes and then collected the log files of both hosts. One host uses the older version of BTSync (1.4.X). The files are identical on both machines, nevertheless sync starts and says several month to complete...

I just submitted the files as zip with a reference to this thread.