Ios 9 Open In Sync Not Working

xombiemp

@xombiemp

While Sync obviously should not crash when opening a file, I wonder what is your use case and why do you want to open torrent files in Sync?

Also, could you please send us a crash report for your Sync? It is stored in 

Privacy -> Diagnostic and usage -> Diagnostic and usage data -> (find the file with bittorrent sync in name). Send it via submit ticket form, note in subj that it goes for me.

Thanks!

Ok, after some further testing I have some more information. If I try to save a file to the root of my Sync folder using the iOS app, it actually works and syncs the file successfully. I have tried this with a .torrent file and a .pdf file.

However, when I try to save it to a directory inside my Sync folder, then the app crashes. Sometimes it'll crash right when I click on the folder when browsing to the save location and sometimes it'll crash when I click the Save button. It does this with torrent and pdf files.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is a little old but I'm having the same issue with roughly that same use case. When I download a file using Safari and try to Open in Sync, sometimes I can browse to the desired folder and it will crash when I hit Save, and other times when I try to browse to a folder it crashes then. I can provide logs if needed. This is Sync for iOS 2.2.0 (154) and iOS 9.0.2. Happens on both an iPhone and iPad.

Edited by Gumby1234