Android 6.0 Indexing Issue On Sd

naturalblue

naturalblue,

are you using a beta apk? 

If you add an existing folder on the phone with files inside, then the problem might be in merging folder tree with desktop. Can you please send feedback from Sync on the phone and attach log for analysis? Mention this forum topic, and tell what folder got affected. Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issues trying to sync a folder on 6.0.1.

On stock app.

I add a folder and it never leaves indexing. On the filesystem a folder is created on the SDCARD in the right place, right name and a .sync folder inside but it never completes (or is crazy slow to the <<1kbps type level as I left it several hours and it never downloaded one file.)

I have reported this through the sync app and referenced this post as it seems accurate. 

Am available if you want to test things,

Matthew

51 minutes ago, mattaw said:

I have the same issues trying to sync a folder on 6.0.1.

On stock app.

I add a folder and it never leaves indexing. On the filesystem a folder is created on the SDCARD in the right place, right name and a .sync folder inside but it never completes (or is crazy slow to the <<1kbps type level as I left it several hours and it never downloaded one file.)

I have reported this through the sync app and referenced this post as it seems accurate. 

Am available if you want to test things,

Matthew

I have this exact same issue, the file's progress bar fills up to about 99% but never completes and remains as a .bts file in the folder. Speeds will progressively get slower from normal at the beginning of the initial sync to <1 kb/s, about 10% in.

I'm using MM 6.0 and the beta app. Had the same issue on the stable version too.

On 2/9/2016 at 2:49 AM, Helen said:

mattaw,

Got your report. but sorry, there was no forum reference

nandayu,

There are a lot of reasons for files not to sync. To investigate your particular case, support team needs logs from your device, you can submit them via Contact support from the app. 

I've sent in a report from the app, and I've been able to narrow down the issue to purely writing on the external SD Card. Everything syncs perfectly onto internal device storage. But when I sync onto the external SD card, files are incomplete, saved as .bts files, and the transfer is unstable. I think this may be related to MM 6.0 storage changes. My permissions for the SD card are correctly setup, as other apps have no issue with this.

I've seen plenty of users on XDA and other forums with this same issue description, hopefully you guys can get this worked out.