Failed running 2.3.2 on Raspberry 2 OSMC

Blymurkla

I've used BitTorrent sync on my raspberries for a while now. After a necessary re-install of OSMC on one of them, I wanted to install sync but I'd forgotten how I did it last time ...

I downloaded the ARM version of 2.3.2, placed it in an appropriate directory. Ran ./btsync there, to no avail:

osmc@osmc:~$ /home/osmc/BitTorrent-Sync_arm/btsync
-bash: /home/osmc/BitTorrent-Sync_arm/btsync: No such file or directory

Then I remembered having used some terminal command to create a link, searched and (re-)found this. So I ran:

sudo ln -s /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ld-linux.so.3 /lib/ld-linux.so.3

and rebooted.

Now I get

osmc@osmc:~$ /home/osmc/BitTorrent-Sync_arm/btsync
Segmentation fault

So the link did something. OSMC is at least acknowledging that btsync is a file, I supposed. But the segmentation fault, what's that? How can I mend it?

Huh.

Found an older version of Sync, downloaded in october or november last year (can't seem to find the exact version). Trying to run it also resulted in a Segmentation Fault. Then I downloaded the 2.2.7 version linked in the OpenELEc disssion mentioned by you, Helen. Still segmentation fault.

This strikes me as odd. The problem wasn't introduced in 2.3, if I've done everything correctly, yet older versions work for me on raspberries running continuously updated OSMC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope.

Fresh install of OSMC (2016.02-3), got the arm build you linked above Helen. Ran, got "No such file or directory", then did the link thing I mentioned in my first post. Now I'm getting segmentation fault.

Although, the fresh install works terribly ... Might not be BT syncs fault this time. I have the Easter off, will continue trying.

Edited by Blymurkla

• 3 months later...