more newby questions

Hi,
I've just installed the trial and, after some considerable time, got my laptop and desktop syncing.
Please tell me
1) When I buy the licence do I need to buy one for both my laptop and desktop to keep them syncing or will one licence work for both? (this is the only sync I will use).
2) Transfer speeds seem to be around the 600 - 800 kbps, units are connected via home wifi router (one wireless one ethernet) This seems very slow. Please advise?
3) Advice for syncing pre-populated folders includes instruction to use 'disconnected' mode on computer 2, can  change this to 'synced' after setup as disconnected (folders only I think) is of no use to me?
Thank you,
Peter

14 minutes ago, peterforum said:

1) When I buy the licence do I need to buy one for both my laptop and desktop to keep them syncing or will one licence work for both? (this is the only sync I will use).

No, your license is "per identity" not "per device", therefore to sync you personal laptop with your personal desktop (or any other personal devices), you'll need a single license.

2) Transfer speeds seem to be around the 600 - 800 kbps, units are connected via home wifi router (one wireless one ethernet) This seems very slow. Please advise?

Please refer to the Sync Help Center:

Download/Upload speed is very slow

How can I improve data transfer/sync speed?

3) Advice for syncing pre-populated folders includes instruction to use 'disconnected' mode on computer 2, can  change this to 'synced' after setup as disconnected (folders only I think) is of no use to me?

I think you've mis-understood what a "Disconnected" folder is. This refers to its initial state when first added to sync, once you then "connect" the folder, it will continue to sync as normal - it doesn't mean it's permanently disconnected and will never sync!

Please see: Synchronization Modes