linux cli: btsync otherkey newdirhere

dear experts---I am trying to switch from dropbox to btsync.

on my Mac, I used the btsync GUI client to get me a read-write key for a directory, /Users/me/mysynced .  easy.

I have a few headless ubuntu 16.04 servers that should use this folder.  the ubuntu 16.04 install instructions were easy:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/02/howto-install-bittorrent-sync-from-its-official-repository/

I installed btsync and started the service.  all good.  the hard stuff was easy.

unfortunately, the guides forgot to tell me what should be easier and next.  :-( .  now, all I should need is to tell btsync on linux something like

# btsync /home/me/mysynced/ a-very-long-key-from-osx

I see a btsync cli on linux, but I am a bit shy...how should I use it without hosing everything?

advice appreciated.

/iaw

thanks.  yes, I could figure it out, but this would be a great add to the cli.

[if I could suggest something, it would be that error messages should propagate across peers, such as a permission problem or the like that blocked everything.  I was clueless until I walked over to see that there was an error message on the screen of my peer.  don't remember what it was, but it had not shown up on my local peer.]

glad I found getsync.

/iaw