Difference between Sync for Workgroups and Resilio Connect?

chmars2020

@chmars2020 Currently, there is no comparison chart. I'm really not sure if one to come, as Sync and Connect are really different products and with further development become even more diverse. I'll do my best to help you comparing these 2 products at currently released versions (Sync 2.4.1, Connect 1.3.5)

What is common
Both Sync for Workgroups (SWG for shortness) and Connect share the same core engine. I.e., at the end of day there is a set of folders that are getting synchronized between peers. Folders can be RO and RW. Both have API which can be used to control clients.

What is different

• Folder types
    SWG can create advanced, standard and encrypted folders, selective sync or sync all
    Connect only operates standard ones, but it actually does not need advanced folders due to user and groups management. Also connect only supports selective sync for read-only folders. No encrypted folders.
  • Management.
    SWG has no central management, and each peers has to be managed manually - adding and removing folders, changing folder properties, etc.
    Connect has Management Console and can automatically distribute folders to all peers and / or remove folders from peers, change folder settings, etc.
  • User management
    SWG has basic user management implemented via advanced folders: owner can share folder or take permissions away
    Connect has advanced users and groups management, can unite users in groups, set group profiles and folder access, etc.
  • Data monitoring and statistics
    SWG has some basic tools to show who is connected, and who is receiving what
    Connect allows you to see your data distribution progress over all peers and fully monitors what happens on your peers.
  • Clients
    SWG can run client in UI and UI-less mode.
    Connect only runs headless clients. Everything is configured by admin
  • Speed
    SWG is good, especially when it runs in environment where p2p power can be utilized (i.e. where many can connect to many for faster data deliver).
    Connect is super good as it has special optimized protocol for data delivery over WAN.

For the pricing. It's $39.99 per license annually for SWG. For Connect - sorry - you have to talk to our business department as pricing is set individually depending on your use case and amount of computers, users, etc.