File sync order / set number of streams

MPC

Is it possible to limit the number of folders/files transferred at one time?

My system, I am using Sync to move files for archive, I am using  Hygeia at the destination end to sort and order files, the problem being it starts to move the folders/files as soon as sync starts. If I put in a wait command to give it time to sync i have to set this high so there is sufficient time for Sync to transfer all of the files.

If I can set Sync to transfer one folder at a time then i can set Hygeia to have a shorter wait time on each process.

At the moment if i transfer two large files and set the Hygeia wait time to 10 mins it might take 13 mins to transfer the two files and the far end file sort will fail. If I could transfer one file at a time then Hygeia will start its process wait for each file after its transfer has started

Thank you for your help or any other suggestions of alternative far end software rather than Hygeia which may work better ot look for a file to be complete before file ordering 

My real world example, a small computer running Sonos software. I rip a new CD and copy the album into a Sync folder "send-to-Sonos". This folder syncs with the Sonos computer. The far end Hygeia watches the "Send-to-sonos" folder, when it sees a folder it moves the folder to the Sonos Library. Because its a Move not copy at the far end it clears the "Send-to-sonos" folder and it re-syncs and clears it at the local computer end thus not having duplicates and it all just works in the back ground.

See above for the problem. It can be fixed with scheduling a daily sync at the far end but i would like it to be done as fast as possible. I think this is a SYNC problem as it does not "lock" the file before its finished. 

Again any other suggestions for this workflow would be gratefully received  

• 2 weeks later...