Questions about the Installing Sync on Linux guide

martin7

This is regarding the Installing Sync Package On Linux guide, the following section:

systemd

Enable sync service automatic startup as user rslsync:

sudo systemctl enable resilio-sync

Enable sync service as current user:

In what case would I want to do sudo systemctl enable resilio-sync vs systemctl --user enable resilio-sync I don't understand what the advantage over the other is and what is supposed to be "best practice"?

And am I supposed to run sudo systemctl enable resilio-sync as the user rslsync or as root?

Thanks for any clarifications?

7 hours ago, martin7 said:

In what case would I want to do sudo systemctl enable resilio-sync vs systemctl --user enable resilio-sync I don't understand what the advantage over the other is and what is supposed to be "best practice"?

If you need to run Sync under your current user instead of under "rslsync" user - you need to use --user parameter. Hard to say what is the best practice because it depends on your needs. But actually it's more convenient to run Sync under your current user. 

7 hours ago, martin7 said:

And am I supposed to run sudo systemctl enable resilio-sync as the user rslsync or as root?

You need to run systemctl enable resilio-sync as root.