Resilio locking files

lukors

The folder where I have all my programming projects is backed up with Resilio. Sometimes when I try to compile a project, it seems like Sync locks some file, so the linker cannot do its work. The result is that my compilation just hangs there until I turn off Sync and retry compilation.

Can this be solved?

Well because what if your other peer checks out of the current branch and your client you are working on is currently in a file of another branch. I just don't think it is wise.

Just let git commit changes and pull all infos itself. Git as is, is already complicated enough and if you add another layer that messes with it's data structure.. I am just not sure if that is wise. But I haven't tried it so.. if it is working for you then that's good.

Only one peer has write access to the git repos, so it would never happen that two peers check out different branches in the same repo.

Sync as far as I know in my use case does not add any other layer that messes with git's data structure, it just reads the files and sends them over the Internet.

Doing this is indeed working fine for me for many years now, apart from that Sync locks files so I need to turn it off when I work with the repos.

Thank you for your concern.