Sync files on Micro SD card on Windows 10 device.

spiro

Hi, Recently I bought mini laptop from company called GPD. The device is very small and have limited built in storage and I decided to extend using Micro SD card.

I bought 512 GB Micro SD and link folders with my PC. Initially the sync starts normally but after syncing 7-9 GB the sync stops and I get a notification “Can’t download file”. I have tried to you another SD card, but I get the same. After that the card locks and becomes unusable. The only solution is to remove it and format it by card reader and if I try it again, all goes the same.

Normally is it possible to sync files on SD Card on Windows 10 device ? Are there any special requirement or limitations to the device or the card ?

Are these famous brand (SanDisk, Samsung, etc.) or some no-name cheap big-size SD card shipped from China?

Anyway, using SD card for constantly writing is never a good idea. I would recommend that you choose a good brand (SanDisk/Samsung) USB portable SSD drive, it's much more stable than the flimsy SD cards.