[Solved] macOS: Hide app without hiding menubar

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, Jonathan Wight said:

I swear at some point it was possible to run Resilio Sync on macOS without the app in the Dock and just have the app accessible via the MenuBar.

Has this feature been removed (or was it my imagination?). I don't need the app in my dock 95% of the time (and can. access via System, Menu -> Open).

That's right, the correct behavior is to hide the icon from Dock when the application window is closed while the app stays in tray. It was like that, and will be restored in the upcoming release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 8:17 AM, Alex_W said:

That's right, the correct behavior is to hide the icon from Dock when the application window is closed while the app stays in tray. It was like that, and will be restored in the upcoming release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any ETA when that update will be rolled out?

I just upgraded to 2.8.0 (1389), and this seems to be a problem again.  If RS is running, the app shows in both the menu bar and the Dock.  Prior to the upgrade, it only showed in the menu bar, as expected.

I'm on 2.8 on macOS

Is that the latest version?

It's driving me insane to have RS icon in the Dock all the time (vs just up in the menubar)

Can I use an older version that still has the dock icon hidden while the App is still running up in the Menubar only?

Or is that fix still coming back soon?

Thank you!

• Helen changed the title to [Solved] macOS: Hide app without hiding menubar