Syncing files between devices only one has license

I would like to ask you about syncing between devices where only one has the license (trial version). Other devices were linked to the main license as 'my devices.' The other devices are not able to see the folders that were shared with them. Since I upgraded the other devices to a pro license (trial), the directories appeared.

Do I really need to buy as many licenses as I have devices for syncing? Can't it be done with only one license? It is worth mentioning that this is for home use.

That is because of trial mode. When devices are linked, they share the license applied. But trial mode is not a license that can be shared.
When a Pro license is applied to a peer and another peer got linked to the first one, it will be licensed as well.

Regarding the Home license - it can be applied to all user devices independently, no matter linked or not. It is up to you -- to link devices or not.

yes.

you can also share folders in free version, but you will need to do it  manually by sending the links to each of them to each of the folders. When linked in "My devices" (licensed pro), it'd done automatically