Out of memory error - Windows version

comdata

Ok. Upgraded to .116. The error did not appear in a whole day of it running. Still it uses more than 500 Megabytes of RAM. It has 4 shared folders with in total about 120000 files and around 800 GB of data, It is now running for 12hrs and still indexing some files.

Do you still need the debug information?

Kind Regards

Maybe a wish for the download page is to state the current version number there.

There is supposed to be a Changelog / Release Notes "from now on " according to the developers ...but this has yet to emerge!

At time of writing, however, the latest version that's generally available to users is 1.0.125, which may be downloaded here.

Please update to this version, and let us know if your problem still persists

But then the Update check function is not working.

Yes, that's right - on the main website the version that's presented to new users is 1.0.116. However, 1.0.125 is a "test build" that was made available in the forum last week (first spotted here, and popping up several times since) to users experiencing issues with 1.0.116.

As 1.0.125 is a "test build", it isn't available as an "auto update" to earlier versions at this time. Therefore, if you're currently using 1.0.116, the "Check Now" button won't alert you to 1.0.125, and so 1.0.125 would need to be manually downloaded.

ok, I've updated to .132, but still I am getting these errors. They seem to be not so fatal anymore.

There is for some reason no log file created (stuck at 0kb).

The app takes around 500mb of RAM but during startup also more that 1,2gb.

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe interesting: when my Win7 system is connected to the same LAN as another Win7 system, there are no memory issues. Syncs run several days without restart, sleep mode is no problem (8000 files).

But when I connect to the LAN where my Linux box runs, then BTsync regularly runs into memory problems within minutes: "Unable to allocate 154624 bytes", with still about 1 GB RAM free.