Okay to delete SyncTrash?

Hi,

I recently updated my application from 1.0.75 to the latest 1.0.134 (love the new logo much better, haha). Anyways, I now notice that some of my folders contain a ".SyncTrash" folder, some of which are quite large.

Is it okay to delete this folder?

If it helps, before I was syncing individual folders within "My Documents". Now, I sync all of "My Documents."

Joel

Yes, .SyncTrash folders may be safely deleted - they will, however, be automatically re-created if you have the "Delete files to Sync trash" option selected. Unticking this option will prevent .SyncTrash folders being created, but it will mean that BitTorrent Sync won't preserve removed files, and will simply delete them instead of moving them to .SyncTrash

Hi,

I recently updated my application from 1.0.75 to the latest 1.0.134 (love the new logo much better, haha). Anyways, I now notice that some of my folders contain a ".SyncTrash" folder, some of which are quite large.

Is it okay to delete this folder?

If it helps, before I was syncing individual folders within "My Documents". Now, I sync all of "My Documents."

Joel

They are large because they hold all files that are deleted on other clients.

just to let you know

What if I never deleted anything but files are moved into these trash folders? Main reason I stopped running the program. Why would files show up here if I never deleted anything?

Are you sure they weren't deleted on another device you're syncing with?! When a file is deleted on a particular device, the corresponding file on all other devices it syncs with is moved to its respective .SyncTrash folder!

What if I never deleted anything but files are moved into these trash folders? Main reason I stopped running the program. Why would files show up here if I never deleted anything?

file changed or updated also counts as file deleted and another file added in its place

Are you sure they weren't deleted on another device you're syncing with?! When a file is deleted on a particular device, the corresponding file on all other devices it syncs with is moved to its respective .SyncTrash folder!

No, I control both systems and they are in fact in the same room. One is the computer I use as the Fileserver that I just manage all existing files and also run the media server from. The other system is where I add new files into the synced folder. At no time do I delete files from either system. Basically old youtube clips, korean dramas, old country, abba and motown music videos, movies and tv shows I rip and manage for my dad and mom to watch.

The files go into the folder and then get synced to the fileserver so I don't have to shut it down. Then I started noticing discrepancies between the folders and have since shut down sync while I cross my fingers for an eventual reliable release.